joi, 23 ianuarie 2014

Coincidence

"Why don't you start by being honest?"
"I've never told anyone.."
"Maybe you should"

It's not me who invented this beautiful exchange of lines. It's the beginning of "The reader" trailer. But I'm always shattered by this dialogue's simplicity, beauty and honesty. The kind of honesty that sends shivers down your body.

Honesty is a prerequisite for talking to yourself. For really understanding yourself. As Ionesco said, you cannot paint if you're not ready to be extremely honest. So you were asking me when does inspiration come for me to paint? Only when I manage to be very honest with myself. So honest that I let my arm free to draw exactly what's on my mind. As Jay Jay says, we'd rather believe it's coincidence. But it's not a coincidence that I painted you.

Jay Jay Coincidence

Niciun comentariu: